At The Christie Private Care we have created a calm and supportive environment. It is important to us that our patients feel comfortable at all times. Onsite at The Christie we are working in an environment dedicated to cancer patients and their treatment and we have the facilities to support this expert care.
Outpatient & Day Care+
We have a dedicated department for outpatient and day care services, based on site at The Christie in Department 44. Our outpatient facilities are linked to our inpatient facility internally, so if you need to be admitted to hospital for any reason our team has direct access.
Outpatient & Day Care facilities include
- Consultation Rooms – where your consultant will meet with you
- Chemotherapy Day Care – chemotherapy pods with comfortable reclining chairs and side rooms for patients who would like extra privacy or require a bed for their treatment
- Dedicated pharmacy
As part of your treatment you may need to stay in hospital overnight for a period of time, this is called inpatient care.
Our dedicated services are based on the 3rd and 4th floor of the Oak Road Treatment Centre (Department 1) on The Christie Campus. Our team of experienced doctors and nurses are on hand to care for you 24 hours a day.
Inpatient facilities include
- Private en-suite bedrooms
- Dedicated inpatient pharmacy
- Specialist Haematology Transplant Uni
- Direct access to operating theatres onsite
- Direct access to intensive care treatment onsite
Depending on your treatment plan you many require radiotherapy.
Radiotherapy treatment uses external beams to target tumours using machines called linear accelerators. Your consultant and medical team will provide you with more details about radiotherapy if this is an appropriate treatment option for you.
Our radiotherapy services are located onsite at The Christie in Department 39