Supportive Care at The Christie Private Care
We understand the treatment we provide can be challenging for you and your family, we also understand that no two people are the same and we aim to address your individual needs.
At The Christie Private Care we know how important it is to provide you with the treatment that is right for you and it is equally important to us to ensure you feel supported through all aspects of your care.
We provide a full range of support services including
- Counselling and psychological support, this service is available to you and your family
- Complementary therapies including massage and reiki
- Dietetic advise from our expert dietician
- Access to the onsite Macmillan information centre
- Support from a Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Symptom control support
Health and Wellbeing Support
We run a dedicated Health and Wellbeing course for people towards the end of curative treatment who are looking for support to move forward. These small and informally run groups provide an opportunity to meet people in a similar situation to you.
Highlights of the course include:
- Sessions are run by a dedicated member of the psychology team
- Expert guest speakers for 8 topic led sessions (from diet advice, specialist rehab physio to introductions to mindfulness)
- Separate men’s and ladies groups
We also run a dedicated course for ‘Significant Others’. This can be partners or close family/friends of patients who are at any stage of their cancer diagnosis/treatment. This is a small group facilitated by a psychologist, where members can share what they are going through with people in a similar situation. These sessions provide a moment to receive support and exchange tips.
All of our courses are complementary and have been designed by patients and their ‘significant others’. Through feedback we are continually evolving these sessions to ensure we meet the needs of members who join us.